Spotter 2 Driver Name Requests

F1Dave

Hi everyone,

The new version of Carlo's Spotter Plugin Supports personalized driver names. Meaning that instead of refering to a driver by it's grid position, it will use it's name if there is a mp3 file defined for that driver. It supports up to around 600 driver names.

Of course people can record their own driver names, but me and Carlo were thinking that maybe some of you would want your driver names to be spoken by the same voice as the rest of your messages.

This thread was opened for Spotter 2 English Sound Pack users so that there would be a place to request driver names.

In order to save me time, please request driver names by listing them in the following manner:

[league name or requester name]

[driver exact name] "[driver name phonetic]"

[league name or requester name] will be used to name sound packs.

[Driver exact name] must match the name you see in rFactor. It will be used as the filename and if it is not exact, Spotter will not be able to find the correct file for that driver.

[driver name phonetic] is optional. If you do not provide it, I will simply speak out the name as written in the [driver exact name] part of the list. I am asking for the phonetic name because I know that some names might not be pronounced right if you don't provide me with a phonetic. Please include phonetics in quotes so that I know where the exact driver name ends and where the phonetics start.

So here is an example:

Racing on the web

Dave

Carlo

Michael Shumacher "My-kul shu-mai-ker"

:) ok my phonetics example was bad but you get the picutre. I will try to release driver name packs as often as possible but I can't make any promise. of course, in the first few months after the release of spotter 2 I will release often but please don't ask me when you will get your files unsless i clearly have forgotten your request.

Please keep this thread purely for name requests. For questions use the support forum.

This might not be perfect for name requests but it's a start !

Happy racing (with real driver names)!

Dave

PS: this thread is duplicated at RaceSimCentral.com in this thread.

Edited by F1Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Dave, what Bit Rate are you saving the MP3's in for these names? I was just going to play around with a few of the guys from my leagues names. If it all works, and more people in the league decide to give the new Spotter a try, then I may contact you about doing a league pack. But for now I can do a few myself. I have a recording studio here, so it's easy enough for me to do. :)

Loving the new pack so far. have just started using it, obviously, but it is very cool. :clap:

Dave, what Bit Rate are you saving the MP3's in for these names? I was just going to play around with a few of the guys from my leagues names. If it all works, and more people in the league decide to give the new Spotter a try, then I may contact you about doing a league pack. But for now I can do a few myself. I have a recording studio here, so it's easy enough for me to do. :)

Loving the new pack so far. have just started using it, obviously, but it is very cool.  :clap:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Pruitt!

Glad you like it... it was a lot of work.

For the bitrates, i don't remember because I am not at home right now... but if I remember correctly, the bitrate is not important... I know I had reduced it but that was only to save on file size. so for your tests it really is not that important.

Good luck! let me know how your tests turn out!

Dave

Dave, another quick question. I haven't had a chance to test this yet. I did get around to recording all the drivers names last night, now I just have to create the individual files for them, which I will begin to do tonight after I get home from work. So hopefully I'll begin testing this later tonight. ;)

Anyway, back to my question. Does the program read the names only from the Driver folder, or will it read files from Sub-Folders contained in the Driver folder also? Just curious. No big deal one way or another. Just figured I'd ask. ;)

Thanks again for such a wonderful addition to the world of SimRacing! I'm was a blast using this yesterday! :)

Edited by Pruitt

Dave

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just a quick post to let you know I created files for the various members of my league and had a chance to test it tonight and it worked great. I couldn't believe how much it personalized the game. Thanks for adding that feature!! I'm sure it wasn't easy. :)

Dave

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just a quick post to let you know I created files for the various members of my league and had a chance to test it tonight and it worked great. I couldn't believe how much it personalized the game. Thanks for adding that feature!! I'm sure it wasn't easy. <ahttp://www.racingontheweb.net/RotW.forums/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png' alt=':)'>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Glad to hear that ! If you want to have me record those names, don't be shy to ask I already have about 120 names to record... will probably do that tomorow night (tuesday night).

Thats a very good thing.

Here are my Names for our League.

Fliegende-Racer.de (is the web and League Site)

Here are the driver names.

Günter Bachner

Klaus Germanus

Andre Küsters

Michael Schreiber

Dirk Spilles

Udo Washeim

Dirk Wessendorf

Harry Gimbel

Heinz Hennes

Helmut Jobko

Michael Kopp

Mathias Koth

Robert Liess

Mike Müller

Michael Scharrer

Anja Thesenvitz

Speak it so how i write it , thats all i need and want.

I love you guys for all your work

Hello and thank you for the great service.

Here the drivers list from psx-racing.de

Andreas Dörfler

Andreas Günther

Andreas Pfannschmidt

Benedikt Tilke

Bernd Tuxhorn

Berend-Peter van Aalderen

Christian Bülow

Christian Golombek

Christoph Bartels

Daniel Gehrlein

Daniel Jeszek

Daniel Kleindienst

Daniel Krißel

Damian Razowski

David Kahl

Dennis Hartmann

Eberhard Schmidt

Florian Becker

Frank Schichterich

Franz Neekamp

Georg Ortner

Hans-Jürgen Prinz

Jonas Beil

Kai Gloger

Lennart Kaiser

Lukas Zahrer

Manuel Krißel

Markus Nagel

Marc Gassner

Marc Wechselmann

Marcel Penzkofer

Marcel Kuhn

Martin Brunner

Michael Bock

Michael Kalmus

Michael Merseburger

Michael Weyergans

Michel Bertschat

Mirko Niemann

Mike Voigt "Meik Vogt"

Patrick Liepertz

Ralph Schneider

Reinhard Göritzer

Richard Lindhorst

Simon Deselaers "Simon Deselars"

Steven Genz

Stefan Schröder

Simon Steinberg

Thomas Hakes

Thorsten Ruby

Thomas Buchmann

Till Grapentin

Tobias Taub

Toni Chorus

Uwe Schulz

Edited by Mucki D.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi !

Sorry I missed your post because I am concentrating more on the thread at RaceSimCentral.

But your pack is next on my list. It will get done soon.

Sorry again.

Hi !

Sorry I missed your post because I am concentrating more on the thread at RaceSimCentral.

Sorry again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• 3 weeks later...

Hi !

Sorry again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks <ahttp://www.racingontheweb.net/RotW.forums/uploads/emoticons/default_smilie_daumenpos.gif' alt=':smilie_daumenpos:'>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here you go !

Have fun!

psx_racing.de.zip

• 1 year later...
Guest MagicOPromotion

Guys and Gals please do NOT pm me with name change requests.. rather post them here. When they are completed I will post that your request has been completed. This keeps thing in a more orderly fashion. Thanks Guys.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...