Problem with TV Display

Hello, I'm Spanish, soyy by my bad English.

I have a problem with this Addon in Windows Vista x32 SP1

When I install it, the game crash when I start rFactor.exe or rfConfig.exe

This is due to a problem with d3d9.dll that is copied in rfactor directory with this pluggin.

I tried to run applications in administrator mode and with w98 compatibility and same thing.

Can you help me ?

Is due to a Service Pack 1 ?

Thank you very much.

This is due to a problem with d3d9.dll that is copied in rfactor directory with this pluggin.

I tried to run applications in administrator mode and with w98 compatibility and same thing.

Can you help me ?

Thank you very much.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

try to reinstall directx 9c.

if it doesn't work try to reinstal rFactor in the same folder.

Can you help me ?

Thank you very much.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

try to reinstall directx 9c.

if it doesn't work try to reinstal rFactor in the same folder.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tried two things and got the same thing...

I have the same problem, as I posted here on rFactorCentral.

I went to my Windows/System32 folder to copy my d3d9.dll file and paste it in the rFactor folder, at first I thought it worked (the game launched normally) but I just didn't have TV Style displaying under the game, like it wasn't installed. I tried many differents versions of d3d9.dll that I could find on the net, without success so far.

By the way, why the d3d9.dll file supplied with the 0.91 update is so small ?

I have the same problem, as I posted here  on rFactorCentral.

I went to my Windows/System32 folder to copy my d3d9.dll file and paste it in the rFactor folder, at first I thought it worked (the game launched normally) but I just didn't have TV Style displaying under the game, like it wasn't installed. I tried many differents versions of d3d9.dll that I could find on the net, without success so far.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

tvstyle's d3d9.dll is not the directx file but our software that use d3d9.dll.

Have you DVD version ?

Edited by Dinix

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you DVD version ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope I have the downloaded version, also I recently re-installed the game using the 1.255 full installer.

If you need someone who have Vista SP1 to test things, I'll gladly help.

Edited by jondeejay

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you DVD version ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope I have the downloaded version, also I recently re-installed the game using the 1.255 full installer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

can you post me the error's image with detailed informations

Edited by Dinix

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you DVD version ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is just a standard windows error popup saying that rFactor stopped working.

It happens that way : I launch the game, the rFactor splashscreen appears, then my screen goes black and I have this error popup (whereas I should see the ISI logo screen then the video intro etc...).

Now something weird, some minutes ago I tried to lauch the game (with right click > administrator rights, and also with a simple double left-click), the game crashed as usual. But then one of my attempts to launch it worked, the game didn't crash. I did a testing session just to see and TV Style Display was working ! I closed the game and try to lauch it again, it was working all the time like there never was a problem.

Then I rebooted my computer to see if it would still work and what I thought happened, it wasn't working anymore the game just kept crashing every time like before.

So to sum it up, it just worked randomly at some point for whatever reason and then it didn't work anymore... and it's frustrating lol.

Edited by jondeejay

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you DVD version ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is just a standard windows error popup saying that rFactor stopped working.

It happens that way : I launch the game, the rFactor splashscreen appears, then my screen goes black and I have this error popup (whereas I should see the ISI logo screen then the video intro etc...).

Now something weird, some minutes ago I tried to lauch the game (with right click > administrator rights, and also with a simple double left-click), the game crashed as usual. But then one of my attempts to launch it worked, the game didn't crash. I did a testing session just to see and TV Style Display was working ! I closed the game and try to lauch it again, it was working all the time like there never was a problem.

Then I rebooted my computer to see if it would still work and what I thought happened, it wasn't working anymore the game just kept crashing every time like before.

So to sum it up, it just worked randomly at some point for whatever reason and then it didn't work anymore... and it's frustrating lol.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mmm try this:

- run rfactor without TV-STYLE

- set a default rfactor series (no mods)

- exit from the game

- install TV-STYLE

- run rfactor

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you DVD version ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mmm try this:

- run rfactor without TV-STYLE

- set a default rfactor series (no mods)

- exit from the game

- install TV-STYLE

- run rfactor

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good guess, it worked :smilie_daumenpos:

I tried to select another mod, exit rFactor then re-launch it, it also worked (and I tried this with several mods), the game doesn't crash anymore.

To confirm that I also rebooted my computer, still working :)

So I think we can say the problem is solved, thanks ;)

Well unfortunately I spoke too fast :( I shut down my computer before having dinner, switched it on after that, launched rFactor and it crashed like before... If I delete the d3d9.dll file from the rFactor folder, the game doesn't crash anymore, so the problem is really about this dll,something going wrong with the SP1 of Vista maybe.