Cannot start rFactor

CBFR

Hi there, I downloaded TVmenu and now I cannot start rFactor! I installed it on drive C just to check out the files. rFactor is installed on drive D but when I try to start rFactor it opens IE and says this page cannot be displayed. Any ideas why that might be?

I have rF 1255. I tried uninstalling TVmenu but rF still won't start. I then even tried uninstalling rF and reinstalling but it still won't start.

Edited by CBFR

I would like an answer sooner rather than later because I'm supposed to be testing some new physics tonight and I have wasted all afternoon trying to get rFactor to start.

rFactor worked fine this morning, then I install TVmenu this afternoon on drive C and then rFactor won't start and no matter what I do it won't start. Because it opened IE it got me thinking about the licenses. Well I tried replacing working licenses and it says the same thing "Cannot display web page". I tried deleting the licenses and it then opens up the Lincense activations HTML pages but it says Unknown internal error!

What the hell has this program done to my rF. I might point out that I am an admin at www.eoaa.org and I have done so much work on this installation of rF. I cannot afford to loose any of the work I have done!

Edited by CBFR

well ,

first of all like descript in installer.. you had to choose the rfactor 's folder.

now i suppose u have tvsytleV3.dll in an other location than rfactor/Plugins. so tvmenu is not linked with ur problem..

BTW cancel in ur installation folder open /TvStyleUnistall and launch unins000.exe ,then try to reinstall rf.. i dont know

well ,

first of all like descript in installer.. you had to choose the rfactor 's folder.

now i suppose u have  tvsytleV3.dll  in an other location than rfactor/Plugins. so tvmenu is not linked with ur problem..

BTW cancel in ur installation folder open /TvStyleUnistall and launch  unins000.exe  ,then try to reinstall rf..  i dont know

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well does this program install anything or modify the registry?

well ,

now i suppose u have  tvsytleV3.dll  in an other location than rfactor/Plugins. so tvmenu is not linked with ur problem..

BTW cancel in ur installation folder open /TvStyleUnistall and launch  unins000.exe  ,then try to reinstall rf..  i dont know

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well does this program install anything or modify the registry?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

for sure no... :smilie_daumenpos: ,

Well I just tried reinstalling rF again. It won't start and the only thing I have done is install TVmenu on my C drive. So please have a think what might have caused this. There absolutely no way I'm reformatting my drives which would take over a week and all because of this program! I'd rather give up and close EOAA!

Fresh install of 1255 and backed up licenses that worked his morning and even that hasn't worked. What on earth has this program done to my PC! Could there be an unresolved issue on my C drive because it could not find rFactor. Please try to fix this, I'm really quite angry and upset!

Edited by CBFR

Are you able to test this? I mean try extracting TVmenu to a drive that does not have the OS installed on it. I use C as a basic storage drive. D is my media drive where I have the OS installed and all programs.

Surely if I uninstall rF completely, reboot and then reinstall rF it should take me to the activation screen but it doesn't. I can't even get it to the activation screen.

Reformatted my game drive which doesn't take too long, about 4 hours to get it ready for racing. And rFactor now works after I reactivated it. So it was the TVmenu that caused it I'm afraid.

I may be the only one but perhaps that's because I am the only one to do what I did. And here's what I did in more detail. Installed to random folder on drive C, had a look at the files and then copied them to my rFactor root folder. If what you say is true about TVmenu not modifying the registry then this should not be a problem. After doing that rF would not start and so I uninstalled TVmenu. Still won't start and on my media drive it's still not starting. Backing up and formatting my media drive will take the better part of three days but luckily it needs doing anyway.

I'm sure you program is great and I'll probably try to use it again but you really must put some kind of a warning about not installing it in the rFactor folder. Ideally you ought to fix my problem just in case someone else does it because this should not be a problem if it's simply new files. But it's obviously not just new files because it's done something to my PC. It seems to be related to Trymedia somehow. Perhaps it alters cookies ..

Edited by CBFR

Well perhaps it was a freakish error, that's all I can put it down to. My OS was a year old exactly and it can start to error after a while. I'll try your addon again on my newly reformated media drive and let you know how I get on with it.

Edited by CBFR