Spotter 2 BetaPublic

maxim9

It seems that some people are getting an error when opening SpotterConfig.exe that says "Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Trace index = 5."

Traceindex = 5 is when SpotterConfig is trying get get a handle to SAPI (speech recognition). Make sure you have installed SAPI5.1 when you run the SpotterPLugin setup.

If you still get an error, please tell about it.

The information for damages and losing parts (Wings and Wheels) dont work correctly. When my car lose the wing or a wheel i get only the message " you have aerodynamic damage" or "you have damage"...

In the v1.1 came by this damages the messages like this: "you losing your frontwing" or "you losing your left rear wheel"....

The information for damages and losing parts (Wings and Wheels) dont work correctly. When my car lose the wing or a wheel i get only the message " you have aerodynamic damage" or "you have damage"...

In the v1.1 came by this damages  the messages like this: "you losing your frontwing" or "you losing your left rear wheel"....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for report..

Whenever I request engine temps, they are always given to me in Celsius, even though I have that option off. I haven't been able to get it to give them to me in Farenheight no matter what I've tried.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi again Pruitt :),

You made me realize that there is a bug in SpotterConfig.exe (SC). it is not changing the correct ini key inside the SpotterConfig.ini file. SC changes the "CELCIUS_TEMP" key but it should be changing the "CELSIUS_TEMP" key. For now, you can change it manually inside your SpotterConfig.ini file. It will be corrected on the next update.

Thanks for reporting this!

Dave

Thanks Dave, I'll give that a shot tonight. :)

I've been testing this in a couple of different "mods". Neither of which I believe thsi was ever tested for. One is a private rFactor Mod that a league I am in uses for their Stock Car series. So far everything works great in that mod, though I've only done a few hours of testing in it.

I am also trying to get this to work in the new ARCA Sim Racing game that was just released a few weeks back. It's based on ISI's GMotor2 engine, so I figured it would work for the most part, and it does. There's a few things that I can't use, notably Pit Strategies, because the method of receiving Fuel in ASR was changed from the way it's done in rfactor, but other than that, I've been able to get most everything else to work, though there are a few Spotter Calls that don't seem to be triggering. Not sure why as I thought it was using the same triggers as rFactor, but there obviously may be some differences due to changes being made to the engine by ISI for The Sim Factory, who licensed their code. Who knows, I'm still playing around with it, so it could be something I'm doing. :blink::rolleyes:

Anyway, just wanted to let you know it's even working for Mods/software it was never tested with, or designed for. Great job! lol... :)

Edited by Pruitt

Looks fantastic, but having a problem I have not seen reported.

Vista 32-bit, 1255f, installation and setup all went well. TV Style and DAQ plugins also installed.

Menus become slow (and I can't exit rfactor) and the spotter never starts saying anything. It's like the plugin isn't being seen, but it is in the plugins directory and rfactor definitely slows down because of it. Replay monitor runs at about 2 fps but running on the track seems ok.

Alt-Q does nothing. Hardware plugins are enabled. I'm usually very good at getting things working but can't work this one out. Have tried with voice-recognition disabled too.

I uninstalled 2.0 and put 1.11 back on and 1.11 works fine.

Any suggestions?

Edited by jonty

Vista 32-bit, 1255f, installation and setup all went well. TV Style and DAQ plugins also installed.

Menus become slow (and I can't exit rfactor) and the spotter never starts saying anything. It's like the plugin isn't being seen, but it is in the plugins directory and rfactor definitely slows down because of it. Replay monitor runs at about 2 fps but running on the track seems ok.

Alt-Q does nothing. Hardware plugins are enabled. I'm usually very good at getting things working but can't work this one out. Have tried with voice-recognition disabled too.

I uninstalled 2.0  and put 1.11 back on and 1.11 works fine.

Any suggestions?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Probably u use rfOW mod, we see that bug ,its under investigation.

Which Mod do u use?

Hi All.

I want to make a German Translation (because i am German)  :D

What is to do for this and which must be edited ?

Can you tell me about that ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi SirMaverick,

I will be more than happy to help you out... but can we meet on msn ? we will be having lots of talks and MSN would be much more effective.

laplante_rooster@hotmail.com

edit: beat to the punch by carlo :)

Edited by F1Dave

update status: up to date

rfactor: v 1255 F (DVD Patch)

config status of spotter plug 2.0 beta: configurated (soundpack selected, background sound etc)

speech engine/lib's and pilfius: installed, executed wizard, works fine.

bug:

rfactor crashes after click on drive, no error message.

AI seems to drive (if i spec)

no performance problems, even i think rfactor load quite faster (everything; intro, track etc ( --> use of mp3?!)) with spotter plug 2.0 beta

eventlog ("compmgmt.msc") doesn't show any important errors, nothing to rfactor.exe or piflius or M$ Speech

i assume i have the same err like #326

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=271209&page=14

hmmm, i'm not sure about this because i don't get any kind of error msg's

btw, i hate m$

no err msg! grml

I uninstalled 2.0  and put 1.11 back on and 1.11 works fine.

Any suggestions?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Probably u use rfOW mod, we see that bug ,its under investigation.

Which Mod do u use?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I tried a few mods - CCWS 1.4, FBMW 2.0, Meganes - no success. I'll experiment a bit more and report back rather than waste anymore of your time, Thanks.

Edited by jonty

It seems that some people are getting an error when opening SpotterConfig.exe that says "Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Trace index = 5."

Traceindex = 5 is when SpotterConfig is trying get get a handle to SAPI (speech recognition).  Make sure you have installed SAPI5.1 when you run the SpotterPLugin setup.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i get this

spotter2ew4.jpg

but i did install everything

Windows 2000 Pro

Traceindex = 5 is when SpotterConfig is trying get get a handle to SAPI (speech recognition).  Make sure you have installed SAPI5.1 when you run the SpotterPLugin setup.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i get this

<ahttp://img394.imageshack.us/img394/7856/spotter2ew4.jpg" border="0" class="linked-image" />

but i did install everything

Windows 2000 Pro

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi,i m sure that bug is fixed in 2.01.

http://www.racingontheweb.net/files/Spotte...aUpdate2.01.rar